Termite Control in Brooklyn
We’re Here to Clear Your Termite Infestation
Termites are destructive little critters. They damage your home and structures on your property. If left untreated, they can cause problems requiring costly repairs. That is why it is critical to have a professional take care of the issue as soon as possible. Although it might be difficult to detect termites, you can look for signs to catch the infestation early. Depending on your situation, various methods may be available to treat and clear out termites on your property.
At Top Notch Pest Control, our technicians are here to take care of your termite problem in Brooklyn. We are a family-owned and local company with over 35 years of experience handling all types of pest problems. Our team is licensed and insured, and our technicians complete ongoing training to stay current on effective methods for getting rid of unwanted guests at your home. After evaluating your property and determining the scope of the issue, we can develop a customized treatment plan for your needs.
Should You Worry About a Termite Infestation?
Termites might be tiny, but they can cause a lot of damage. According to PestWorld.org, the destruction resulting from termite activity leads to about $5 billion in property damage annually.
Wooden structures are at high risk of being destroyed by termites because wood contains cellulose, the primary nutrient of a termite’s diet. As termites eat their way through the wood, the structure becomes unstable, making your property unsafe.
How Do You Know If You Have Termites?
It might be difficult to tell whether you have termites because they do much of their destruction behind the scenes. Depending on their types, they could be subterranean and live underground, or drywood and live inside the wood. Still, you might be able to notice some clues of termite activity in or around your home.
Signs of termites include:
- Damaged wood: You might notice wooden areas of your home that have small holes or look like they have been damaged by water.
- Peeling paint: As termites move through wooden surfaces, the tunnels they create could cause paint to lift from the wall.
- Hollow wood: If a piece of wood sounds hollow when you tap on it, you might have a termite problem.
- Mud tubes: Termites will build a tunnel of wood and soil between their colony and the structure they’re feasting on.
- Termite droppings: You might see unexplained piles of what looks like sawdust or salt and pepper.
- Discarded wings: Swarmer termites shed their wings after they mature and leave their colony.
If you notice any signs of an infestation, call our technicians for a termite control service in Brooklyn.
How Do You Get Rid of Termites?
Several options are available for taking care of a termite problem.
These can include:
- Treating the perimeter of your property with a specialized solution
- Sealing crevices or gaps to prevent termites from entering your home
- Applying solutions directly to affected areas to clear the termites
The method used on your home will depend on various factors, such as the severity of the infestation, the conditions of your property, and the moisture levels in the area.
Our technicians will thoroughly inspect your home inside and out to determine the level of the problem and possible solutions. We’ll discuss treatment methods with you and get started on the job right away. We offer eco-friendly solutions to keep your family and pets safe.
Contact Top Notch Pest Control Today
If you have a termite problem in Brooklyn, reach out to our team as soon as possible. We understand your concerns and the importance of getting the infestation cleared immediately. When you hire us for the project, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that our trained professionals are working hard to protect your family and property.