Roach Control in Brooklyn
Industry-Leading Roach Extermination & Removal in New York & New Jersey
There is nothing quite like a cockroach sighting in your kitchen or at a restaurant to turn your stomach and send a chill up your spine. Cockroaches are not only repulsive to many, but they can also spread bacteria around your property. At Top Notch Pest Control, our licensed and highly trained technicians offer customized roach treatments to residential and commercial properties in Brooklyn and throughout New York and New Jersey.
Unlike other pest control companies that only treat for one type of roach, our team provides reliable cockroach treatments for the two types of roaches that most plague our area: the German cockroach and the American cockroach. We are available for same-day and even weekend appointments to solve your roach problem as soon as possible to restore your peace of mind as well as your appetite.
Tips to Prevent a Roach Infestation
The best way to beat a cockroach infestation is to prevent it from happening in the first place. Through our 35+ years of dealing with roaches, we've put together a list of tips to keep your home roach free:
- Keep your home clean. Roaches are drawn to dirty, cluttered spaces.
- Focus on keeping your kitchen clean. Make sure you don't leave food out overnight, clean your dishes regularly, and make sure you clean up grease, oil, and food spills right away no matter where they are. It's also vital to check behind your appliances to make sure nothing is building up back there.
- Store your food in sealed containers. If you're especially worried about a roach infestation, investing in good tupperware is a great way to keep them from squeezing their way inside food boxes and bags.
- Regularly empty your trash. Letting garbage sit and fester for too long is an easy way to draw pests into your home, so taking out the trash is an easy way to protect your home.
- Seal entry points into your home and kitchen. Making sure your windows and doors don't have noticeable cracks in the frames when closed can help prevent pests from slipping inside your home, as well as helping to make sure your home is more energy-efficient.
Whether you have seen a single cockroach skittering around your water pipe or multiple cockroaches around your kitchen sink, our team is here to help. We fully stand behind our services and use the most advanced treatments on the market to ensure a truly pest-free space.
Where do Roaches Like to Hide in your House
If you think you may have a cockroach problem, you should understand where to look to find them. Roaches like to hide in dark areas where they feel safe and potentially breed. They like hiding around home appliances such as the cabinets, refrigerators, sinks, and stoves.
This is especially helpful to know when you are anticipating service from a roach exterminator in Brooklyn or your local area. It helps them get the job done quicker.
American Roaches vs. German Roaches
Knowing what type of cockroach you're dealing with is a huge part of effectively treating an infestation. When you call us in to take care of a roach problem, the first step we take is figuring out whether you have German roaches or American roaches in your home.
How to tell the difference between German cockroaches and American cockroaches:
- Size: American cockroaches tend to be much bigger than German cockroaches, measuring about 1 ½ - 2 inches in length compared to about half an inch long.
- Location: German cockroaches are more prolific in Brooklyn and the surrounding areas, making it more likely that your infestation is being caused by German cockroaches.
- Roach Markings: American cockroaches tend to be rusty-brown in color, where German cockroaches have dark brown markings down their back with tan or yellow on the sides.
Once we know the specific insect we're dealing with, we can create a personalized treatment plan based on your unique circumstance.
quick response with good results!- alana
100- Annette Beale
“- Annette Beale
Highly Recommend!- Matthew G.
Great Service!!- Sami W.